East Sail - Sailing School & Sailing Trainings

02 9327 1166

Rushcutters Bay, Sydney Harbour

Visit us on Facebook Visit our YouTube Channel Send us an email  
Charter & Event Payment | Sailing School Payment | Contact UsSailing School
Sailing school , Learn to sail, Sailing School, Sailing Course, Yachting course, sailing tuition, Yatching course, Yachting lessons, Sailing lessons
Quick Links
Image galleries
Sailing-Regatta-Sydney-Harbour Sailing-Regatta-Sydney-Harbour(12)
Offshore Sailing Adventures Offshore Sailing Adventures(12)
Romantic Overnight Packages Romantic Overnight Packages(12)
Corporate-Challenge-Race-Series Corporate-Challenge-Race-Series(11)
Highlighted Courses
Visit us on Facebook Visit our YouTube Channel Send us an email
International Certificate of Competence ICC

EastSail is accredited with the RYA/YA to offer the International Certificate of Competence of Pleasure Craft ICC. ICC

The ICC is essentially a 'bareboat charter license' that many harbour masters now demand. It is documentary assurance from one government to another that the holder is competent, meaning that you don't have to conform to each country's individual certification requirements.
While the requirements vary from country to country, the ICC is recognised to a greater or lesser extent throughout the EU. It is of a particular importance if you are chartering a vessel in a foreign country, or using the European inland waterways. 
The ICC assessment consists of practical and theory elements that will be assessed over half a day. You can book the assessment aboard your own yacht or ours.
Please see below for some FAQs
Is the ICC valid across all of Europe for bareboat charters?
Many European countries have signed up to Resolution 40 from which the ICC originates or its predecessor Resolution 14. Although Greece, Spain and, Portugal have not signed this agreement, you are still likely to be asked for an ICC in these countries. The RYA website provides guidance on boating in Europe and you should always check with a charter company as to the current requirements of the country prior to organising a charter.
If I have an RYA 'Certificate of Competence' do I still need an ICC?
Yes, officially you do however some countries in Europe will accept your COC. If you have an RYA Dayskipper or Yachtmaster you do not need to do an assessment, you can apply directly for an ICC.  When operating within the inland Waterways this is different and an ICC is essential. In this case, you will need to apply first for an ICC with CEVNI endorsement (which will mean completing a theory assessment) for a small fee.
For more information and FAQ's regarding the ICC please click here
Please click here of the ICC application form
Please contact Bryony for more details and to organise your ICC assessment on 02 9327 1166 or training@eastsail.com.au

  Website designed by ITZ Australia and SEO Marketed by be1st SEO Marketing and Internet Advertising